National Shrine of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, more popularly known as the Antipolo Church or Antipolo Cathedral, is a Roman Catholic cathedral located in Antipolo City, Rizal in the Philippines. Antipolo Church is the seat of the Bishop of Antipolo. Antipolo Church attracts millions of pilgrims annually, especially during the Pilgrimage Season which commences with the Alay Lakad from the Quiapo Church on April 30th and lasts throughout the month of Mary.
Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage
The National Shrine of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, more commonly known as Antipolo Cathedral or the Antipolo Church, is a Ancient Rome Catholic cathedral situated in Antipolo City, Rizal in the Philippines. It enshrines the Marian image of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage.
Antipolo Church is the seat of the Bishop of Antipolo. Additionally it is The Place of Parish of the Immaculate Conception. Antipolo Church is continuesly being visited by pilgrims especially throughout the month of Mary and brings countless pilgrims yearly. Pilgrimage Season which begins with the Alay Lakad from the Quiapo Church on April 30th.
As many enthusiasts paid reverence to Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, Antipolo Church became a favorite pilgrimage site. The Philippine National Hero and polymath Dr. Jose Rizal also seen the shrine with his father, Francisco Mercado, June 6, 1868. His father and Dr. Jose Rizal went on pilgrimage to meet a vow Teodora Alonso, Rizal’s mother, had made when the boy and she survived his delivery.
The Society of Jesus constructed the first church in Antipolo City Under Rev. Juan de Salazar. Initially, the primary church was meant to host the picture of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage. The present place of Antipolo Church was the place of the tipolo, where the image was located after several times that it mysteriously vanished.
Antipolo Church endured serious damage in a revolt 1639 from fire. It had been restored after however it was damaged in 1863 and 1645, 1824 by Luzon quake.
Near the conclusion of the 2nd World War in 1945, Allied bombardment meant to liberate the region from the Japanese Imperial control destroyed the church. A campaign was organized to create a brand new church. The fund-raising committee was headed by former first lady Aurora Quezon Francisco Avendano, and Antipolo Parish Priest.
Architect Jose L. De Ocampo was commissioned to design a new shrine, that was finished in 1954. On 14 January 1954, the newest Antipolo Church was declared by the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines as announced National Temple of Our Lady of Peace and the Good Voyage. The church was raised To the status of cathedral on 25 June 1983, upon the canonical erection of the Diocese of Antipolo.
Antipolo Cathedral Antipolo National Shrine Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage Mass Schedule Prayer transfiguration Antipolo Church mass schedule 2017 how to go to Antipolo Church contact number resort near Antipolo Church map restaurants near Antipolo Church car blessing where to eat near Antipolo Church car blessing schedule.